Monday, November 1, 2010

Schedule for the month..maybe longer.

Hey all,


So today is the first day of the NaNoWriMo project.  I already have my outline ready, which saves on both time and sanity.  There is one little hitch, though.  I decided to polish up an old superhero-fiction story I wrote a few years ago called _Godchildren_, so _Complex_ will have to wait a while.  I had a few pieces of the Godchildren piece published here and there, but it's for the most part incomplete.  Only 6,000 words written.  My goal is to have it completely written and edited by November 30th, self-publish through Amazon, then spend the month of December marketing and advertising my opus, so I can make some money.   Promoting a book on one's own should be an exercise in practical creativity if ever there was one.  Oh, and to be fair, instead of writing 50,000 words, I'm aiming for at least 56,000 given that I coming into NaNoWriMo this year with extra junk in the literary trunk than I should. 

But glutton for punishment that I am, writing is not the only thing on my agenda.  March will be here before you know it, which means it's time for Nth to start re-training for the U.S.A. Memory Championship, American Crossword Puzzles Tournament, and for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.  Trivia, word games, and memory.  All in March and all in New York.  Piece of cake [no matter what the little inner-voice of skepticism chants]


So my daily brain-training schedule for November is going to look like so:

1. Work on my novel.  (1 hour)
2. Revisit my old stomping ground, the School of Phenomenal Memory, refresh myself on the techniques taught there, and integrate them into my own memory training (1 hour).
3. Use this website as a starting point for trivia training.  Oh, and this one.  (1 hour)
4. Work on a crossword puzzles daily from here. (1 hours).
5. Do a weight-free workout regimen daily, because Nth is starting to get a little puffy around the midsection...and it turns out exercise is great for your cognition.  (2 hours)

I'm looking at about 6 hours a of training a day.  That with 8-hours working, and 8ish hours of sleep, leaves me with two hours of daily play.  Sadly there are no clubs or anything of the sort where I'm currently living, but I'll work fun into the daily routine, as God's my witness!  Who am I kidding, I'll probably just veg out and watch retro short lived TV shows on Youtube for those two hours. 


1 comment:

  1. best of luck on the book boss. maybe i can read it ?

    ReplyDelete